People React on Air Canada’s Lie about Lost Luggage

Air Canada accused of 'lying' to customers to avoid paying up to $2,100 for lost. The Airline says it approves 'reasonable interim expenses.' Scott Bissell says an Air Canada agent told him the airline wouldn’t reimburse him for toiletries and other necessities after the airline lost his luggage during a family vacation to Florida.


People Reaction:

“Air Canada Motto “We’re not happy until you’re not happy”” - Kelly Nichol

“One time I flew air Canada to Toronto ended up in China never again!!!!” - Brooklyn Noël

“AC mistagged my bag a few weeks ago, I was going from Vancouver to Montreal and my bag was found in Brussels. I needed to purchase a suit to wear for the next day. Everyone I spoke with in person at the airport, on the phone and by email were all very helpful. Within 2 weeks I received a full reimbursement for all expenses.” - Andrew Bethel

“People still fly Air Canada???” - Bev Stephens

“Air Canada is the absolute worst.” - Michelle Clare

“Air Canada did him wrong - YES. Air Canada being “cheap” on paying him his expenses - YES. But no way he had 2000$ worth if stuff else he would have a travel insurance to cover his luggage lost. But really ruin his whole vacations? I wouldn’t have shop everyday, go once by the necessary and move on. How much clothes do you need ? 1 pair of short, bathing suit, 2 T-shirt and a nice shirt, 1 hoodie, 2-3 underwear and you are good, wash them in the sink and you can survive more than 1 week. Then do your call the first day and that’s about it. Never pack your valuables in a luggage that’s OBVIOUS. And always bring a carry on with minimal clothing in case they lose your luggage .:.: it happens” - Roxane Duguay

“I always pack a carryon with necessities & a change of clothes at the bare minimum.” Charlie Falls

“Omg the drama queen. Every day he would spend hours shopping for the things he needed that day? Holy crap bag grow up. It sucks yes but do 1 shopping trip for the vacation and be done with it. Grow up.” - Kyle Pearson

“Air Canada you say!?! Shocked I am (not).” - Charles Sleep

“This company is sick. I hope the new discount carriers and Westjet’s new premium service drown them to bankruptcy” - Rory Nussbaumer

“Time for a huge overhaul of this industry” - Maxime Poulin

“I have experienced ridiculous troubles with Air Canada in the past. I’ve not flown them since. It costs a lot of MY money to fly.” - Sherry Kalil

“AC hates paying any compensation. I volunteered to take another flight, they knew there were mechanical issues but said everything was fine when I asked. I ended up getting home almost 4 hours LATER than my original flight. They offered me 20% off my next flight - doesn’t even cover the taxes.” - Kim Rosenberg

“Air Canada made us keep our receipts and submit them to be reimbursed, for 4 of us Air Canada gave us a total of $56.00” - Allane Brine